IF YOU ARE THE READER
- Try to prepare yourself to a neutral mindset before you start a reading. Whether you know your client’s background or not, it is important that you put any preconceived ideas or judgments aside and that you make yourself available for new and fresh information to come through each time.
- You may take a moment to ‘meditate’ and get centered before you start a reading, however I do believe that meditating is not a must before starting a reading. I am convinced that we can access our intuitive skills even when we experience mental busyness or emotional turmoil.
- Ask your client for their questions. Some people will have a list ready, and some will say to you that they have none. In this case, ask them what’s important for them in their life at present moment. This will give you a sense of what it is they are looking for in terms of guidance.
- Treat your client with respect and care. They deserve your full attention for the entire time they have with you.
- If you notice that you do not get any information, don’t panic. Please don’t be afraid to say so and possibly stop the reading. Don’t carry on trying to do it ‘right’ for the client as this will compromise your integrity and whether they are conscious or not, they will feel betrayed.
- I suggest you do not give any medical advice and absolutely do not give any information that could harm or scare your client (e.g. predicting deaths or accidents).
- Remind your client that they have free will and nothing is set in stone. They will appreciate if they feel empowered and supported in making their own decisions, rather than being told what to do.
- Before you end the reading, ask your client if they have any more questions. Make sure that they feel complete by the time they leave or get off the phone.
Sophia Colangelo, founder www.whatisintuition.net