IF YOU ARE THE READER
- Try to prepare yourself to a neutral mindset before you start a reading. Whether you know your client’s background or not, it is important that you put any preconceived ideas or judgments aside and that you make yourself available for new and fresh information to come through each time.
- You may take a moment to ‘meditate’ and get centered before you start a reading, however I do believe that meditating is not a must before starting a reading. I am convinced that we can access our intuitive skills even when we experience mental busyness or emotional turmoil.
- Ask your client for their questions. Some people will have a list ready, and some will say to you that they have none. In this case, ask them what’s important for them in their life at present moment. This will give you a sense of what it is they are looking for in terms of guidance.
- Treat your client with respect and care. They deserve your full attention for the entire time they have with you.
- If you notice that you do not get any information, don’t panic. Please don’t be afraid to say so and possibly stop the reading. Don’t carry on trying to do it ‘right’ for the client as this will compromise your integrity and whether they are conscious or not, they will feel betrayed.
- I suggest you do not give any medical advice and absolutely do not give any information that could harm or scare your client (e.g. predicting deaths or accidents).
- Remind your client that they have free will and nothing is set in stone. They will appreciate if they feel empowered and supported in making their own decisions, rather than being told what to do.
- Before you end the reading, ask your client if they have any more questions. Make sure that they feel complete by the time they leave or get off the phone.
Sophia Colangelo, founder www.whatisintuition.net
IF YOU ARE THE CLIENT
- If you feel drawn to a Intuitive Reader but never worked with that person before, try to get in touch with them via email or phone before booking the reading. You can simply share your interest in a session and feel free to ask any questions in terms of how they work and what you can expect from a reading with them. There are plenty of intuitive readers, psychics, clairvoyants, mediums, all working in different ways. You do have the right to feel a connection with the Reader which will enable you to feel relaxed and familiar with that person throughout the entire reading.
- Just before you receive the reading, do take a moment to look at your emotional state. It is helpful to notice if you are feeling nervous or agitated or mostly if you have any expectations about the outcome of the reading. If you are someone who likes to hear what they want to hear, try to be open to the possibility that other people (in this instance the Reader) may see or point out patterns or aspect of yourself that you may be blind about. Try to be open and humble to receive feedback, however, be absolutely present and alert while you receive the information. If you do feel that what is being shared with you does not resonate and does create a feeling of fear and anxiety, do not take on board the information.
- It is absolutely important that as you walk into a reading you learn to discern the information being shared with you. If you do not resonate with the Reader, please allow yourself to communicate that and if you need, do end the session at any given moment.
- If you wish specific guidance, go to a Reader with a list of specific questions. The advantage of asking direct questions is that it will focus the ‘energy’ on areas of your life where you wish / need / want guidance and clarity. It will save time for both you and the Reader. It will also avoid generalisations. It will also save you money.
- Do not try to test the Reader by purposely not sharing your questions, feelings or thoughts, and wait to see if they pick up on it. People do feel impressed and value the skills of a Reader if they pick up on energies without having given any hints, but it is also true that being a psychic doesn’t mean guessing which colour underwear you are wearing. I can assure you that there is nothing worse for a Reader when they realise they are being ‘tested’. This will jeopardise their confidence, and therefore, the outcome of your reading. And you will have wasted your money.
- A reading should leave you feeling empowered (i don’t mean disillusioned!). If that’s not the case, you may want to discuss that with the reader by sharing your feelings and concerns. Your feedback is valuable and can help the Reader to grow and improve!
- I have spoken to a few people who were upset because other psychics told them something was going to happen but didn’t, leaving them feeling disappointed. I am sorry if this is going to pop your bubble, but I don’t believe in fortune telling or destiny written in stone. If you do want changes in your life, you need go for it. Living your life is not the job of the Intuitive Reader, his or her job is the one to just shine some light on it and give some perspective.
Sophia Colangelo, founder www.whatisintuition.net